As part of Extended Services at Fosse Way School, we offer a chance for parents/carers/families to have specific ‘Home Support’. We currently have three Parent Support Advisors working at Fosse Way School: Hannah Jacobs, Anne-Marie and Beccy Peters.
Support from one of our Parent Support Advisors would involve either visiting you at home or a telephone appointment, supporting and working with you and your family on specific areas of concern.
Some examples of what the PSA’s support with are:
- Strategies/help with specific behaviour, toileting, sleeping, eating, transitions, accessing new activities and various other issues that occur at home or in the community
- Signposting to other agencies for support for funding, short breaks, clubs, playschemes etc.
- Referrals and signposting to other services. This includes referrals to Learning Disability nursing team, Continence team, Paediatricians and Social Care. We have a bank of information about what services are available within BANES, Somerset, Bristol, and Wiltshire.
- Support with attending meetings/visits, respite providers.
- Support with letters and communicating to housing department if you are experiencing housing issues/barriers.
- Emotional support for parents/carers if you need to chat in person or over the phone about any concern.
- Attending and supporting Team Around the Child or Child in Need meetings, bringing all people involved in supporting a child together to discuss the child’s needs and put in place a plan of support.
- Support in completing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independent Payment application forms.
- Support with School Uniform and other School relates resources/equipment.
- Support with applying for charity funding applications.
There is also a Facebook page for Fosse Way Parents/Carers. If you would like to join, please request via e-mailing one of the Parent Support Advisors
Parents/Carers can request support either themselves by contacting the numbers/e-mails below or Parents/Carers can ask their child’s tutor to make a referral on their behalf.
Parent Support Advisor Tues-Fri email@example.com
Parent Support Advisor - Thurs firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Support Advisor - Thurs email@example.com